Thailand to receive three fighter jets today
Bangkok: Three Gripen fighter jets will be delivered to Thailand on Wednesday, two days later than scheduled, after one of them was struck by lightening while flying over India.
The accident caused minor damage to an electronic system, Air Force spokesman AVM Monthon Satchukorn said here.
He dismissed a previous report that the jet was severely damaged and had to make an emergency landing in India.
The three jets landed at an Indian airport because they had to refuel.
Technicians also took the opportunity to check the lightening hit jet and change some parts.
Monthon said the delivery of three jets, which is the last batch of a total of 12 Gripen jets the Air Force has purchased from Sweden and previously slated for delivery on Tuesday, was the responsibility of Sweden, Nation newspaper said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan