Thailand`s King leaves hospital after 4 years
Bangkok: Thailand`s 85-year-old King has left the Bangkok hospital where he lived for the past four years and returned to his seaside palace with the Queen.
King Bhumibol Adulyadej and Queen Sirikit travelled by car on Thursday to Klai Kangwon Palace in Hua Hin town, where they lived before the world`s longest-reigning monarch was hospitalised with lung inflammation in September 2009.
Tens of thousands of well-wishers gathered in front of Siriraj Hospital in Bangkok to see the widely revered Bhumibol off. Well-wishers also welcomed him near the royal residence in Hua Hin.
The palace has not indicated whether the move will be permanent.
The 80-year-old Queen was admitted to the same hospital last year after she experienced dizziness and staggered slightly while walking for exercise.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- Heightened' Dahi Handi revelry continues despite court curb
- Defamation case: 'Supreme Court will decide grounds of Rahul Gandhi's U-turn'
- In rural India, less to eat than 40 years ago
- Watch: Astronaut Scott Kelly congratulates Expedition 48 Commander Jeff Williams on breaking record
- Terrific knock! Pakistani batsman Sharjeel Khan scores 3rd fastest 150 in ODI history – WATCH