Thailand`s martial law gives rise to selfies
Bangkok:Sometimes you never know when the opportunity for an interesting selfie will present itself.
When Thailand`s military declared martial law early today, troops appeared on the streets at some key intersections in Bangkok. That didn`t necessarily mean the situation was tense, however.
Bangkok residents going about their morning routine didn`t hesitate to stop and snap a few photos on their smartphones.
Some posed with soldiers, who complied amiably.
Others, like these two young women, did what their counterparts all around the world do millions of times a day: grab a selfie. Except their photo was with the soldiers and their guns and equipment sitting close behind.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day