Thanks for praying for granddad: Mandela`s granddaughter
Durban: "My grandfather has come home and thank you everyone for your prayers," ailing former South African president Nelson Mandela`s granddaughter Ndileka said here.
She was speaking at the first edition of the South Africa India Film and Television Awards (SAIFTA) Friday, which started with a special honour for Mandela.
"Thank you for honouring my granddad, yes that is what he is for me," said Ndileka, who received the honour on behalf of her grandfather.
"He is home. Thank you all for your prayers while he was in the hospital. He is home and he is in his own space. We are also thankful to god," she added.
Mandela, 95, was admitted to a Pretoria hospital June 8 for a recurring lung infection as a result of tuberculosis he developed while serving prison terms under the apartheid.
The former South African president was discharged from the hospital Sep 1 as he had reached a point of progress that allowed him to receive treatment at home.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'