Thanks for praying for granddad: Mandela`s granddaughter
Durban: "My grandfather has come home and thank you everyone for your prayers," ailing former South African president Nelson Mandela`s granddaughter Ndileka said here.
She was speaking at the first edition of the South Africa India Film and Television Awards (SAIFTA) Friday, which started with a special honour for Mandela.
"Thank you for honouring my granddad, yes that is what he is for me," said Ndileka, who received the honour on behalf of her grandfather.
"He is home. Thank you all for your prayers while he was in the hospital. He is home and he is in his own space. We are also thankful to god," she added.
Mandela, 95, was admitted to a Pretoria hospital June 8 for a recurring lung infection as a result of tuberculosis he developed while serving prison terms under the apartheid.
The former South African president was discharged from the hospital Sep 1 as he had reached a point of progress that allowed him to receive treatment at home.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!