Thanks to Facebook, postcard arrives after 54 yrs
Chicago: A postcard mailed from Chicago in 1958 has finally reached its intended recipient, but not without a little help from Facebook.
The Chicago Sun-Times reports that a postcard depicting Shedd Aquarium recently arrived at Scott McMurry`s Virginia home, more than five decades after his mom mailed it.
The 71-year-old says he immediately recognised his mother`s handwriting.
The postcard was addressed to Clairmont Lane in Decatur, Georgia, where McMurry grew up. But it recently arrived in Elizabeth Fulcher`s mailbox on Clairmont Lane in South Daytona, Florida.
Fulcher posted a picture of the postcard on Facebook and her friends helped track down McMurry.
The half-century mail delay remains a mystery.
In the meantime, the aquarium has offered to give him a tour of the attraction that his late parents visited.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'