Thatcher released from hospital after surgery
London: Former British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher has been discharged from hospital after she underwent a bladder surgery early last week, a media report said on Sunday.
The 87-year-old baroness had spent Christmas in a Central London hospital after being admitted earlier this month.
According to BBC, Thatcher was doing well and left the hospital yesterday to "convalesce privately."
It is, however, not clear whether she is now at home.
The former Conservative leader was said to be `doing well` after the minor operation.
"She`s very tough. The doctors are perfectly happy. They say the operation has been completely satisfactory," former adviser and friend, Lord Bell was quoted by BBC News as saying, following her operation.
Earlier last week, the British Prime Minister David Cameron had tweeted a message to Thatcher after her admission, wishing her a `speedy recovery`.
Thatcher was the UK`s first female prime minister and served three terms, between 1979 and 1990.
The veteran ex-premier`s public appearances have been very restricted over recent years due to continued ill health.
Her health was thrust into the global spotlight this year when Meryl Streep starred in a controversial Hollywood film about her.
The Iron Lady drew criticism from Cameron and others for concentrating on the dementia she has suffered after a series of small strokes.
Meryl Streep won an Oscar for the role.
Her daughter, Carol Thatcher, has previously spoken of her mother`s struggle with dementia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city