The Varanasi connection to Norway killer
Varanasi: The man responsible for the coldblooded mass murder in Oslo has an Indian connection of sorts. The killer, Anders Behring Breivik, had sourced badges for his so called crusader organisation from a firm in Varanasi.
Labelled as fundamentalist Christian, Andres Behring has confessed to being a Muslim-hater. As the details of his manifesto trickled it, it was revealed that the ‘badge of the Justiciar Knight’ was sourced from a firm named ‘Indian Art Company’ that operates out of the bylines in the age old city by the Ganges.
As per a newspaper, which tracked down the firm, its owner Mohammad Aslam Ansari has admitted that he indeed had made two samples for ‘someone’ in Norway about a year ago. But he said that he did not remember the name of the person who had contacted him and that he was contacted via e-mail.
The newspaper has quoted Ansari as saying that he had advertised in some websites to garner international contracts.
A weaver by profession, Ansai said that his design was a skull with a dagger passing through it. After making two samples of the badge, he had sent them to Norway through courier.
Though he had hoped for some bulk order, Aslam did not hear anything further on it, though he did get some token amount. Now he is shocked to hear about the massacre and its connection to him.
According to the Breivik manifesto, the badge “illustrates a white skull marked with a symbol of communism, Islam and Nazism on the forehead, impaled on the cross of the martyrs”.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!