Thick snow covers Beijing
Beijing: The Chinese capital was blanketed by spring snow on Sunday, a day after heavy smog grounded hundreds of flights in the country`s north.
Rains lashed Beijing last evening, following which the capital city experienced snow, which accumulated to a level as deep as eight centimetres in some parts on Sunday morning, the National Meteorological Centre said.
Light snow fall continued on Sunday morning. Hundreds of flights were cancelled last day at the Beijing Capital International Airport as dense fog reduced visibility.
The airport authorities said today that the snow would continue to affect flights, the official Xinhua news agency reported.
Airports in Tianjin, Shijiazhuang and Zhengzhou in north China were enveloped in dense fog last day. The visibility in Tianjin`s airport was less than 50 metres.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter