Thick snow covers Beijing
Beijing: The Chinese capital was blanketed by spring snow on Sunday, a day after heavy smog grounded hundreds of flights in the country`s north.
Rains lashed Beijing last evening, following which the capital city experienced snow, which accumulated to a level as deep as eight centimetres in some parts on Sunday morning, the National Meteorological Centre said.
Light snow fall continued on Sunday morning. Hundreds of flights were cancelled last day at the Beijing Capital International Airport as dense fog reduced visibility.
The airport authorities said today that the snow would continue to affect flights, the official Xinhua news agency reported.
Airports in Tianjin, Shijiazhuang and Zhengzhou in north China were enveloped in dense fog last day. The visibility in Tianjin`s airport was less than 50 metres.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij