Thick snow covers Beijing
Beijing: The Chinese capital was blanketed by spring snow on Sunday, a day after heavy smog grounded hundreds of flights in the country`s north.
Rains lashed Beijing last evening, following which the capital city experienced snow, which accumulated to a level as deep as eight centimetres in some parts on Sunday morning, the National Meteorological Centre said.
Light snow fall continued on Sunday morning. Hundreds of flights were cancelled last day at the Beijing Capital International Airport as dense fog reduced visibility.
The airport authorities said today that the snow would continue to affect flights, the official Xinhua news agency reported.
Airports in Tianjin, Shijiazhuang and Zhengzhou in north China were enveloped in dense fog last day. The visibility in Tianjin`s airport was less than 50 metres.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal