Thief hides in suitcase to steal bags in Spain!
Barcelona: A flexible thief squeezed into a
large suitcase and then emerged to plunder valuables from
other bags while inside the luggage compartment of a Spanish
airport bus, police say.
The thief had a partner who would buy a bus ticket and
place the suitcase in a bus from Girona airport to Barcelona
in northeastern Spain, police said in a statement yesterday.
"Once the trip began, he would get out of the suitcase,
search for valuable objects and hide them in a smaller bag he
carried with him," regional Catalan police said.
The thief would then get back into the suitcase, to be
reclaimed by his partner at the end of the 90-minute trip.
Alerted by the repeated thefts, police inspected a
suspicious bag on the bus on June 3 and opened it up. "They
saw there was a man doubled up almost like a contortionist,"
the statement said.
The man had a mobile phone, a small bag and a sharp
object to open zips and locks, police said. Officers boarded
the bus and detained the man who had left the suitcase in the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Google rolls out Android Nougat, Nexus phones to get it first
- Watch: Sonakshi Sinha, Remo D'souza's 'Beat Pe Booty' will make you want to hit dance floor too
- Watch: ISIS-style kidnapping of BJP leader's son by ULFA militants in Assam
- Apple boosts health while Microsoft revs machine smarts
- Pfizer boosts cancer drug roster with $14 billion Medivation deal