Thief hides in suitcase to steal bags in Spain!
Barcelona: A flexible thief squeezed into a
large suitcase and then emerged to plunder valuables from
other bags while inside the luggage compartment of a Spanish
airport bus, police say.
The thief had a partner who would buy a bus ticket and
place the suitcase in a bus from Girona airport to Barcelona
in northeastern Spain, police said in a statement yesterday.
"Once the trip began, he would get out of the suitcase,
search for valuable objects and hide them in a smaller bag he
carried with him," regional Catalan police said.
The thief would then get back into the suitcase, to be
reclaimed by his partner at the end of the 90-minute trip.
Alerted by the repeated thefts, police inspected a
suspicious bag on the bus on June 3 and opened it up. "They
saw there was a man doubled up almost like a contortionist,"
the statement said.
The man had a mobile phone, a small bag and a sharp
object to open zips and locks, police said. Officers boarded
the bus and detained the man who had left the suitcase in the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption