Thieves break into, ransack Hindu temple in Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur: A Hindu temple in Malaysia was broken into on Friday, with thieves carting away gemstones and gold worth nearly Rs 10 lakh.
Police in Penang state said they received a call from the caretaker of Arulmigu Sri Mahamariamman temple in George Town after he discovered the place of worship was ransacked this morning.
Officials said an initial investigation showed the burglars had entered the temple by prising open its metal gates.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?