Thieves break into, ransack Hindu temple in Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur: A Hindu temple in Malaysia was broken into on Friday, with thieves carting away gemstones and gold worth nearly Rs 10 lakh.
Police in Penang state said they received a call from the caretaker of Arulmigu Sri Mahamariamman temple in George Town after he discovered the place of worship was ransacked this morning.
Officials said an initial investigation showed the burglars had entered the temple by prising open its metal gates.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan