Thieves break into, ransack Hindu temple in Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur: A Hindu temple in Malaysia was broken into on Friday, with thieves carting away gemstones and gold worth nearly Rs 10 lakh.
Police in Penang state said they received a call from the caretaker of Arulmigu Sri Mahamariamman temple in George Town after he discovered the place of worship was ransacked this morning.
Officials said an initial investigation showed the burglars had entered the temple by prising open its metal gates.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city