Thieves steal Cyprus ex-president`s body from grave
Nicosia: Thieves opened the grave of former Cypriot president Tassos Papadopoulos and stole his corpse during the night, state television reported on Friday, interrupting its normal programming.
The current leader of Papadopoulos`s centre-right DIKO party, Marios Garoyan, condemned what he called a "heinous and terrible crime”.
Andros Kyprianou, head of the communist AKEL party that leads the Mediterranean island`s government, expressed outrage at the crime, which came the day before a memorial service to mark the first anniversary of Papadopoulos`s death.
"I don`t know what kind of people would create such a terrible crime and steal a corpse," he said. "There`s nothing for me to say."
There was no immediate comment from Papadopoulos`s family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog