Third fisherman found dead in Spain shipwreck
Madrid: Rescuers found a body today in the wreck of a fishing boat that ran aground off northern Spain, bringing to three the number confirmed dead in the accident, officials said.
The Portuguese-flagged fishing boat ran aground on Monday. Two of the nine crew were reported dead the same day, one was rescued and the rest were missing.
Rescue divers found the third body today after finally managing to get into the wreck after being prevented by rough weather for several days, a police spokeswoman told AFP.
"The body was in one of the cabins, where no others have been found for the time being," she said.
"The search is ongoing," she added as the other five crew members were still missing.
The third body found was that of Lucas Jose Mayo Abeijon, from the nearby village of Muros on Spain`s northwestern coast.
The vessel ran aground on the island of Erbosa, half a nautical mile off Cape Penas in the Asturias region, maritime rescue services said. It was left semi-submerged.
Among the five missing today were two Indonesians, two Spaniards and a Portuguese.
The boat`s Portuguese captain and a Spanish cook were the first found dead. The one crew member rescued by another fishing boat is from Spain.
The village of Muros, home to Mayo Abeijon and one of those missing, has declared three days of mourning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened