Third US presidential debate is final chance for candidates to swing polls
Washington: The final presidential debate between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump on Wednesday night will be the last chance that either candidate will get to make a closing argument before tens of millions of voters.
The debate, being held in Las Vegas, could be the last chance for Trump to swing the polls in his favour.
The debate takes place with Clinton currently odds-on favorite to stay on top.
Clinton is poised to be the first Democratic presidential candidate in decades to possibly win in Republican stronghold states like Utah, Arizona, and Georgia.
Once solidly purple battlegrounds like Colorado and Wisconsin look like inevitable wins for Clinton as well.
When Americans head to the polls on November 8, it`s appearing increasingly likely that the results will be a landslide in her favour, says the Quartz.
The match-up also comes as Trump has made perhaps his most outlandish argument yet -- that the 2016 election is rigged to help Clinton win.
He also faces accusations of sexual harassment and criticism for vulgar and demeaning comments toward women, and polls show him losing in nearly every state he must win.
The final debate will also be Clinton`s first chance to publicly address what has been learned from the hacking of campaign chairman John Podesta`s emails and other recent information dumps, courtesy of Wiki Leaks. If she can convincingly put the issue to rest, virtually nothing stands in the way of a solid Clinton victory come November, writes Quartz.
Fox News` Chris Wallace, who is moderating Wednesday`s debate, has said that he does not believe it is his "job to be a truth squad".
"It is up to the other person to catch them on that," he said.
He has announced six topics for the debate, including some on the policy that has not been addressed in the two previous meetings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM