Thirteen fighters killed in Russian Caucasus
Makhachkala: Russian police say 13
insurgents have been killed in the country`s volatile Caucasus
region, including four in an operation commanded by Chechnya`s
President, himself a former rebel.
A spokesman for the Interior Ministry in the republic,
Magomed Deniev, said four rebels were killed today in the
capital Grozny in the operation commanded by Ramzan Kadyrov.
He says seven others were killed in an operation in
Chechnya`s mountainous south, where insurgents shelter in the
It was an unusually high one-day death toll for Chechnya,
where separatists have been less active than neighbouring
Dagestan interior ministry spokesman Vyacheslav Gananov
says two insurgents were killed by police during the night in
the Dagestani capital Makhachkala after opening fire on police
who stopped their car.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened