Thirty hospitalized after chlorine gas leak in Brazil
Sao Paulo: Chlorine gas leaked
from a petrochemical plant has sent 30 people to the hospital
in northeastern Brazil.
Children and elderly are among those hospitalized with
difficulty breathing and a burning sensation in the eyes and
Braskem SA said in a statement that it detected the
leak Saturday night after an incident at its unit in the city
The company said it quickly controlled the leak and
denied it was caused by an explosion.
Globo TV`s G1 website said those hospitalized were not
in serious condition and would remain under observation.
Braskem is South America`s largest petrochemical
company and is controlled by Brazilian holding group Odebrecht
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Monsoon's after-effects troubling everyday lives in cities
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- Varun-Shraddha's `ABCD2` holds a firm grip at Box Office!
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar