Thirty hospitalized after chlorine gas leak in Brazil
Sao Paulo: Chlorine gas leaked
from a petrochemical plant has sent 30 people to the hospital
in northeastern Brazil.
Children and elderly are among those hospitalized with
difficulty breathing and a burning sensation in the eyes and
Braskem SA said in a statement that it detected the
leak Saturday night after an incident at its unit in the city
The company said it quickly controlled the leak and
denied it was caused by an explosion.
Globo TV`s G1 website said those hospitalized were not
in serious condition and would remain under observation.
Braskem is South America`s largest petrochemical
company and is controlled by Brazilian holding group Odebrecht
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Live: Jayalalithaa passes away after suffering cardiac arrest; Panneerselvam takes oath as new CM of Tamil Nadu
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what