Thirty hospitalized after chlorine gas leak in Brazil
Sao Paulo: Chlorine gas leaked
from a petrochemical plant has sent 30 people to the hospital
in northeastern Brazil.
Children and elderly are among those hospitalized with
difficulty breathing and a burning sensation in the eyes and
Braskem SA said in a statement that it detected the
leak Saturday night after an incident at its unit in the city
The company said it quickly controlled the leak and
denied it was caused by an explosion.
Globo TV`s G1 website said those hospitalized were not
in serious condition and would remain under observation.
Braskem is South America`s largest petrochemical
company and is controlled by Brazilian holding group Odebrecht
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt