Though ready to invade Gaza, Israel says it prefers diplomacy
Gaza: Despite of bombarding as many as 80 locations in the narrow Gaza enclave overnight, flattening Gaza`s police headquarters and taking the Palestinian death toll to over 100 in six days of onslaught, Israel said that it prefers a diplomatic solution.
Egypt seems positive that the truce deal may unfold soon. There appears to be diplomatic stalemate between the two countries, as Hamas refuse to yield to Israeli demands. Israel on the other hand defends its brutal strikes calling ‘retaliation’ to the Palestinian rocket attacks.
Vice Prime Minister Moshe Yaalon clarified that if none of the Israeli citizens die due to attacks engineered form the Gaza strip, they will stop the attack.
Khaled Mashaal, an exiled Hams leader in a prèss conference said "Whoever started the war must end it”
According to a newspaper poll 84 percent of Israelis supported the current Gaza assault, 30 percent wanted an invasion, while 19 percent wanted a diplomatic solution.
Although a senior Israeli official said that their country has taken steps and is ready for ground incursion which will severely deal with Hamas military machine.
(With Agency Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note