Thousands affected by floods in China
Beijing: Heavy floods triggered by rainstorms have affected over 16,400 people while causing two deaths in China`s Xinjiang Uygur region, authorities said.
Over 1,310 livestock had been killed till Wednesday due to floods that have damaged over 2,100 hectares of farmland in the prefecture. It has also destroyed local roads, bridges and underground power lines in the region, Xinhua reported on Thursday.
According to the local flood control authorities, downpours began on Sunday in Kashgar prefecture, leading to destruction of residential properties and some infrastructure in the region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM