Thousands affected by floods in China
Beijing: Heavy floods triggered by rainstorms have affected over 16,400 people while causing two deaths in China`s Xinjiang Uygur region, authorities said.
Over 1,310 livestock had been killed till Wednesday due to floods that have damaged over 2,100 hectares of farmland in the prefecture. It has also destroyed local roads, bridges and underground power lines in the region, Xinhua reported on Thursday.
According to the local flood control authorities, downpours began on Sunday in Kashgar prefecture, leading to destruction of residential properties and some infrastructure in the region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- VIDEO: Martin Guptill takes time off IPL; plays cricket with kids at Dharavi
- Tata group doubles published patents in 2 years to 7,000
- Watch: South Korean mom throws kids out of multi-story building on fire
- Kingfisher House auction: Lenders begin revaluation in a bid to sell it
- WATCH: From Nehra ji to Shahenshah, Sunrisers Hyderabad's India pacer has come a long way!