Thousands affected by floods in China
Beijing: Heavy floods triggered by rainstorms have affected over 16,400 people while causing two deaths in China`s Xinjiang Uygur region, authorities said.
Over 1,310 livestock had been killed till Wednesday due to floods that have damaged over 2,100 hectares of farmland in the prefecture. It has also destroyed local roads, bridges and underground power lines in the region, Xinhua reported on Thursday.
According to the local flood control authorities, downpours began on Sunday in Kashgar prefecture, leading to destruction of residential properties and some infrastructure in the region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Post Uri attack, India strengthens border surveillance along LOC
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray