Thousands flee wildfires in California
San Francisco: A wildfire in northern California on Thursday caused thousands of people to flee their homes near Santa Cruz.
More than 2,000 people were evacuated and more than a thousand buildings in the town of Bonny Doon were in danger, the Santa Cruz Sentinel reported.
Hundreds of firefighters were battling to save homes from the flames that have destroyed 1,000 hectares since the fire broke out late Wednesday.
Last summer the rural area between Santa Cruz and San Francisco was also threatened by wildfires that destroyed three homes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves