Thousands flee wildfires in California
San Francisco: A wildfire in northern California on Thursday caused thousands of people to flee their homes near Santa Cruz.
More than 2,000 people were evacuated and more than a thousand buildings in the town of Bonny Doon were in danger, the Santa Cruz Sentinel reported.
Hundreds of firefighters were battling to save homes from the flames that have destroyed 1,000 hectares since the fire broke out late Wednesday.
Last summer the rural area between Santa Cruz and San Francisco was also threatened by wildfires that destroyed three homes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed