Thousands of Taiwanese protest N-power project
Taipei: About 10,000 Taiwanese took to the streets here on Sunday to protest against further development of nuclear power on the island.
The demonstration was launched by an environmental protection organisation to protest the construction of a new nuclear power plant, which will be the fourth plant on the island, Xinhua reported.
Protestors waived banners and flags that read messages like "No Nuclear Power" and "We Don`t Want Another Fukushima" during the demonstration.
Taiwan presently has three nuclear power plants in operation. The construction of the fourth plant was decided by the Taiwan Power Company during the 1980s, but the project has drawn public flak and caused a controversy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Katrina Kaif’s views on ‘intolerance’ in the country - Here's what the actress said
- Irfan Pathan marries 21-year-old Safa Baig in low-key affair