Thousands rally to push goals of Egypt`s uprising
Cairo: Thousands of Egyptians demonstrated across the country to denounce the president and purse the goals of the 2011 popular uprising.
Saturday`s protests marked the fifth anniversary of the formation of the April 6th Youth Movement started in 2008 under former President Hosni Mubarak. Workers in Mahalla tore down a poster of Mubarak in what was a daring move at the time.
The group also played a crucial role in the uprising that toppled Mubarak.
The movement initially backed President Mohammed Morsi in election run-offs last June, but has since turned against him. The opposition accuses him of acting like his autocratic predecessor and of not having an inclusive political process.
Morsi`s Muslim Brotherhood party says Morsi should be challenged at the ballot box, not in street protests.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam