Thousands stage protests in Yemen
Sana`a: Tens of thousands of protesters took to the streets of Yemen`s capital Sana`a and other major cities on Sunday, Xinhua reported.
The protesters wanted President Ali Abdullah Saleh`s son and aides to leave the country while calling for establishing a transitional council, said witnesses.
They raised slogans against the President`s son and relatives in the Army, demanding the swift establishment of a transitional governing council, according to the witnesses.
The 69-year-old embattled President was airlifted to Riyadh for treatment, a day after a shelling hit a mosque inside his presidential palace in Sana`a and injured him as well as several other senior officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31