Thousands stage protests in Yemen
Sana`a: Tens of thousands of protesters took to the streets of Yemen`s capital Sana`a and other major cities on Sunday, Xinhua reported.
The protesters wanted President Ali Abdullah Saleh`s son and aides to leave the country while calling for establishing a transitional council, said witnesses.
They raised slogans against the President`s son and relatives in the Army, demanding the swift establishment of a transitional governing council, according to the witnesses.
The 69-year-old embattled President was airlifted to Riyadh for treatment, a day after a shelling hit a mosque inside his presidential palace in Sana`a and injured him as well as several other senior officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families? - Part II
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India?
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India? Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the mystery of missing IAF aircraft AN-32