Thousands stranded at China airport as fog delays 283 flights
Beijing: Heavy fog continued to shroud China`s southwestern Yunnan province capital Kunming, delaying over 283 flights and leaving thousands of passengers stranded.
Kunming Changshui International Airport is yet to handle the departure of 283 flights that had been grounded due to misty weather since yesterday, operators said.
The officials reported nearly 10,000 passengers present at the airport during midnight. Operators said they were making "all-out efforts" to maintain order and to arrange accommodation for the stranded.
Massive flight delays began to hit the airport on Thursday after thick fog dropped the visibility to 300 to 800 metres.
All delayed flights are expected to take off later today, state-run Xinhua new agency reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray