Thousands stranded at China airport as fog delays 283 flights
Beijing: Heavy fog continued to shroud China`s southwestern Yunnan province capital Kunming, delaying over 283 flights and leaving thousands of passengers stranded.
Kunming Changshui International Airport is yet to handle the departure of 283 flights that had been grounded due to misty weather since yesterday, operators said.
The officials reported nearly 10,000 passengers present at the airport during midnight. Operators said they were making "all-out efforts" to maintain order and to arrange accommodation for the stranded.
Massive flight delays began to hit the airport on Thursday after thick fog dropped the visibility to 300 to 800 metres.
All delayed flights are expected to take off later today, state-run Xinhua new agency reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!