Three aid workers kidnapped from camp in Algeria
Madrid: Spain`s Foreign Ministry says two Spanish aid workers and an Italian citizen have been kidnapped from a refugee camp in Algeria.
A spokesman said on Sunday an unidentified group of assailants entered the Rabuni camp near Tindouf, which houses Western Saharan long-term refugees, and seized the foreigners. The spokesman spoke on condition of anonymity in condition of ministry rules.
Spanish media reports said at least one of the three was believed to have been injured during the kidnapping, which took place overnight Saturday to Sunday. The media cited sources in the Saharawis` Polisario independence movement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation