Three aid workers kidnapped from camp in Algeria
Madrid: Spain`s Foreign Ministry says two Spanish aid workers and an Italian citizen have been kidnapped from a refugee camp in Algeria.
A spokesman said on Sunday an unidentified group of assailants entered the Rabuni camp near Tindouf, which houses Western Saharan long-term refugees, and seized the foreigners. The spokesman spoke on condition of anonymity in condition of ministry rules.
Spanish media reports said at least one of the three was believed to have been injured during the kidnapping, which took place overnight Saturday to Sunday. The media cited sources in the Saharawis` Polisario independence movement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley