Three aid workers kidnapped from camp in Algeria
Madrid: Spain`s Foreign Ministry says two Spanish aid workers and an Italian citizen have been kidnapped from a refugee camp in Algeria.
A spokesman said on Sunday an unidentified group of assailants entered the Rabuni camp near Tindouf, which houses Western Saharan long-term refugees, and seized the foreigners. The spokesman spoke on condition of anonymity in condition of ministry rules.
Spanish media reports said at least one of the three was believed to have been injured during the kidnapping, which took place overnight Saturday to Sunday. The media cited sources in the Saharawis` Polisario independence movement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert