Three aid workers kidnapped from camp in Algeria
Madrid: Spain`s Foreign Ministry says two Spanish aid workers and an Italian citizen have been kidnapped from a refugee camp in Algeria.
A spokesman said on Sunday an unidentified group of assailants entered the Rabuni camp near Tindouf, which houses Western Saharan long-term refugees, and seized the foreigners. The spokesman spoke on condition of anonymity in condition of ministry rules.
Spanish media reports said at least one of the three was believed to have been injured during the kidnapping, which took place overnight Saturday to Sunday. The media cited sources in the Saharawis` Polisario independence movement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie