Three aid workers kidnapped from camp in Algeria
Madrid: Spain`s Foreign Ministry says two Spanish aid workers and an Italian citizen have been kidnapped from a refugee camp in Algeria.
A spokesman said on Sunday an unidentified group of assailants entered the Rabuni camp near Tindouf, which houses Western Saharan long-term refugees, and seized the foreigners. The spokesman spoke on condition of anonymity in condition of ministry rules.
Spanish media reports said at least one of the three was believed to have been injured during the kidnapping, which took place overnight Saturday to Sunday. The media cited sources in the Saharawis` Polisario independence movement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured