Three Americans died in Algerian terrorist attack: US
Washington: Three Americans have died in the terrorist attack in Algeria, the US confirmed today blaming the terrorists.
Seven US citizens survived the attack.
"We can now confirm the death of three US citizens in the terrorist attack in Algeria, Victor Lynn Lovelady, Gordon Lee Rowan, and Frederick Buttaccio," the State Department spokesperson, Victoria Nuland, said.
"We extend our deepest condolences to their families and friends. Out of respect for the families` privacy, we have no further comment. We are also aware of seven US citizens who survived the attack. Due to privacy considerations, we have no further information to provide," she said.
"As the President said, the blame for this tragedy rests with the terrorists who carried it out, and the United States condemns their actions in the strongest possible terms," she said.
"We will continue to work closely with the Government of Algeria to gain a fuller understanding of the terrorist attack of last week and how we can work together moving forward to combat such threats in the future," Nuland said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you