Three Americans died in Algerian terrorist attack: US
Washington: Three Americans have died in the terrorist attack in Algeria, the US confirmed today blaming the terrorists.
Seven US citizens survived the attack.
"We can now confirm the death of three US citizens in the terrorist attack in Algeria, Victor Lynn Lovelady, Gordon Lee Rowan, and Frederick Buttaccio," the State Department spokesperson, Victoria Nuland, said.
"We extend our deepest condolences to their families and friends. Out of respect for the families` privacy, we have no further comment. We are also aware of seven US citizens who survived the attack. Due to privacy considerations, we have no further information to provide," she said.
"As the President said, the blame for this tragedy rests with the terrorists who carried it out, and the United States condemns their actions in the strongest possible terms," she said.
"We will continue to work closely with the Government of Algeria to gain a fuller understanding of the terrorist attack of last week and how we can work together moving forward to combat such threats in the future," Nuland said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley