Three bombs defused in Russia`s North Caucasus
Moscow: Bomb disposal experts defused three bombs with a combined capacity of 11 kg of TNT in Russia`s North Caucasus republic of Kabardino-Balkaria Monday, security officials said.
Investigators found the bombs in a half-built hotel owned by one of two suspected terrorists killed in a shootout with police in the region`s Elbrus region earlier Monday.
"During an inspection of the premises we found three improvised explosive devices with total capacity of 11 kg of TNT, which were planned to be used to organise sabotage and terrorist attacks at socially important facilities in the region," security officials said in a statement.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Jhansi's ammunition factory was target of ISI agents
- Panel discussion on film director Ali Akbar's accusation on Madrasa
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory