Three charged in Dubai for Indian`s death
Dubai: A court here has charged three men with accidentally causing the death last year of an Indian lift mechanic who fell into a lift shaft.
Dahaneesh Dahraman, 24, fell while installing lifts at a building in Al Karama last April 17, The National newspaper reported.
One of the victim`s supervisors told the Dubai Court of Misdemeanours that Dahaneesh was wearing safety gear when he was fixing the lift.
His supervisors, identified by their initials, Indian SS, 32, Pakistani ME, 29, and SM, 35, were charged with accidentally causing the death.
The victim had been working with the lift company for four years.
“When I rushed to check in the first floor where Dahraman and I were standing, I didn’t find him, but looking into the lift’s shaft, I saw him lying on the floor,” SS was quoted as saying.
Among the three defendants only SS was present in the court while two others failed to appear. Next hearing of the case was scheduled for Sep 22.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning