Three charged in Dubai for Indian`s death
Dubai: A court here has charged three men with accidentally causing the death last year of an Indian lift mechanic who fell into a lift shaft.
Dahaneesh Dahraman, 24, fell while installing lifts at a building in Al Karama last April 17, The National newspaper reported.
One of the victim`s supervisors told the Dubai Court of Misdemeanours that Dahaneesh was wearing safety gear when he was fixing the lift.
His supervisors, identified by their initials, Indian SS, 32, Pakistani ME, 29, and SM, 35, were charged with accidentally causing the death.
The victim had been working with the lift company for four years.
“When I rushed to check in the first floor where Dahraman and I were standing, I didn’t find him, but looking into the lift’s shaft, I saw him lying on the floor,” SS was quoted as saying.
Among the three defendants only SS was present in the court while two others failed to appear. Next hearing of the case was scheduled for Sep 22.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!