Three charged in Dubai for Indian`s death
Dubai: A court here has charged three men with accidentally causing the death last year of an Indian lift mechanic who fell into a lift shaft.
Dahaneesh Dahraman, 24, fell while installing lifts at a building in Al Karama last April 17, The National newspaper reported.
One of the victim`s supervisors told the Dubai Court of Misdemeanours that Dahaneesh was wearing safety gear when he was fixing the lift.
His supervisors, identified by their initials, Indian SS, 32, Pakistani ME, 29, and SM, 35, were charged with accidentally causing the death.
The victim had been working with the lift company for four years.
“When I rushed to check in the first floor where Dahraman and I were standing, I didn’t find him, but looking into the lift’s shaft, I saw him lying on the floor,” SS was quoted as saying.
Among the three defendants only SS was present in the court while two others failed to appear. Next hearing of the case was scheduled for Sep 22.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town