Three Chilean marines die in military drill blast
Santiago: Three marines were killed Monday in Chile in an explosion which occurred during a military exercise in Valparaiso city, the Chilean Navy said.
The marines were taking part in military drills at a seaside inlet called Caleta Hornillos to develop their underwater demolition skills when the explosives went off, reported Xinhua citing the navy in a statement.
The local naval prosecutor`s office in Valparaiso will launch an investigation to determine the cause of the explosion, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Brexit: UK goes to polls in knife-edge EU referendum; over 46 million people to decide Britain's fate
- 'US will continue to expand defense systems to protect South Korea, regional allies from North Korean missiles'
- Bandits kill 31 bush taxi passengers in Madagascar
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un hails successful test of new missile, says it can strike US Pacific bases
- LIC chairman S K Roy resigns two years before his term ends