Three Chinese ships in disputed waters: Japan
Tokyo: Chinese government ships were in the territorial waters of disputed Tokyo-controlled islands on Tuesday, Japan`s coastguard said.
The three surveillance ships were navigating in the 12-nautical-mile limit around the Senkakus, which Beijing claims and calls the Diaoyus, at around 10:00 am (0100 GMT), the coastguard said.
Chinese government ships have frequently spent time around the disputed island chain since Tokyo nationalised three of the isles last September.
However, the frequency of what Japan sees as intrusions on its sovereignty has decreased in recent months and the rhetoric between Asia`s two largest economies has cooled.
The islands are also claimed by Taiwan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP