Three Chinese ships in disputed waters: Japan
Tokyo: Chinese government ships were in the territorial waters of disputed Tokyo-controlled islands on Tuesday, Japan`s coastguard said.
The three surveillance ships were navigating in the 12-nautical-mile limit around the Senkakus, which Beijing claims and calls the Diaoyus, at around 10:00 am (0100 GMT), the coastguard said.
Chinese government ships have frequently spent time around the disputed island chain since Tokyo nationalised three of the isles last September.
However, the frequency of what Japan sees as intrusions on its sovereignty has decreased in recent months and the rhetoric between Asia`s two largest economies has cooled.
The islands are also claimed by Taiwan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border