Three Chinese ships in disputed waters: Japan
Tokyo: Chinese government ships were in the territorial waters of disputed Tokyo-controlled islands on Tuesday, Japan`s coastguard said.
The three surveillance ships were navigating in the 12-nautical-mile limit around the Senkakus, which Beijing claims and calls the Diaoyus, at around 10:00 am (0100 GMT), the coastguard said.
Chinese government ships have frequently spent time around the disputed island chain since Tokyo nationalised three of the isles last September.
However, the frequency of what Japan sees as intrusions on its sovereignty has decreased in recent months and the rhetoric between Asia`s two largest economies has cooled.
The islands are also claimed by Taiwan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian captain to hit double century in away Test
- 2016 Rio Olympics: Russia bids to avoid ban as IOC reports new test failures
- What did she do that people tied her with rope and handed over to police? - Must read
- Assam flood situation grim, close to 3 lakh remain affected
- Sam Allardyce gets England job at second time of asking