Three Chinese ships spotted off disputed islands: Japan
Tokyo: Three Chinese government ships moved into territorial waters off disputed Tokyo-controlled islands late Monday, Japan`s coastguard said.
The maritime surveillance ships entered the 12-nautical-mile zone off Uotsurijima, one of the Senkaku islands which China claims and calls the Diaoyus, after 7:00 pm (1000 GMT), the Japan Coast Guard said in a statement.
State-owned Chinese ships have frequently spent time around the five disputed islands in the East China Sea since Japan nationalised three of them last September.
The islands are also claimed by Taiwan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test