Three convicted rapists hanged in Iran
Tehran: Three convicted rapists have been hanged in Iran, the ISNA news agency reported.
The rapists were hanged in the western city of Kermanshah. The executions were carried out after the Supreme Court confirmed the sentences.
The UN Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (UNOHCHR) and other human rights organisations have spoken out against Iran for its use of capital punishment.
The country has the second highest rate of executions in the world, after China, according to human rights groups.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?