Three convicted rapists hanged in Iran
Tehran: Three convicted rapists have been hanged in Iran, the ISNA news agency reported.
The rapists were hanged in the western city of Kermanshah. The executions were carried out after the Supreme Court confirmed the sentences.
The UN Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (UNOHCHR) and other human rights organisations have spoken out against Iran for its use of capital punishment.
The country has the second highest rate of executions in the world, after China, according to human rights groups.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof