Three dead, 70 wounded in Bangkok blasts: Deputy PM
Bangkok: A series of blasts that rocked
Bangkok`s business district late today killed three people and
wounded more than 70, Thailand`s deputy prime minister said.
"Three people died and more than 70 were injured," Suthep
Thaugsuban told reporters.
Five grenades were fired into a crowd of pro-government
demonstrators who were facing off with rival anti-government
"Red Shirt" protesters in the heart of the Thai capital,
officials and witnesses said.
Thai PM calls emergency security meeting after blasts
Thailand`s prime minister called an
emergency meeting with security officials today after a series
of blasts rocked Bangkok`s business district, leaving dozens
The blasts rocked an area of the capital where hundreds
of pro-government demonstrators were staging a rally to call
for an end to weeks of mass protests by the anti-government
"Red Shirts", amid a heavy troop presence.
"The prime minister has called an emergency meeting with
security officials," said government spokesman Panitan
Wattanayagorn, who said early reports suggested an M79 grenade
launcher caused the blasts.
At least 45 people were wounded, according to three
hospitals near the scene, including at least one foreigner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!