Three dead in Germany rains
Berlin: At least three people died and 20 others were injured as violent rainstorms ravaged parts of Germany from Friday night till Saturday morning, Xinhua reported.
A nine-year-old girl was killed by lightning at Heidenau near the southeastern city of Dresden, when she was trying to seek shelter from a thunderstorm.
In the north of Dresden, a tree fell on a car and badly injured a 23-year-old man who sitting inside. The man died shortly afterwards.
A 47-year-old woman cyclist was killed when a tree hit her as she rode through a forest road near Luneburg city in Lower Saxony region of western Germany.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence