Three dead in Israel blast: Police
Jerusalem: An explosion of unknown origin in
the Israeli town of Netanya, north of Tel Aviv, killed at
least three people and injured others overnight, an Israeli
police spokesman said.
"An explosion occurred in a four-storey building in
Netanya, killing at least three people and injuring others,"
Micky Rosenfeld said.
"The origin of this explosion is not known for the time
being and an inquiry has been opened," he added.
Israeli public radio reported that the injured numbered
around 30, several in serious condition.
The radio said the powerful blast flattened a four-storey
building on Independence Square in the town centre. There was
a restaurant, the Yotvata, on the ground floor.
Residents were buried under the rubble and cranes were
trying to get them out, witnesses told the radio station. One
said there was a strong smell of gas hanging over the debris.
Dozens of ambulances were sent to the scene.
Israeli media said the police suspected a gas canister
was behind the blast, but did not rule out the hypothesis of a
Netanya has a history of settling of scores by the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray