Three dead in Israel blast: Police
Jerusalem: An explosion of unknown origin in
the Israeli town of Netanya, north of Tel Aviv, killed at
least three people and injured others overnight, an Israeli
police spokesman said.
"An explosion occurred in a four-storey building in
Netanya, killing at least three people and injuring others,"
Micky Rosenfeld said.
"The origin of this explosion is not known for the time
being and an inquiry has been opened," he added.
Israeli public radio reported that the injured numbered
around 30, several in serious condition.
The radio said the powerful blast flattened a four-storey
building on Independence Square in the town centre. There was
a restaurant, the Yotvata, on the ground floor.
Residents were buried under the rubble and cranes were
trying to get them out, witnesses told the radio station. One
said there was a strong smell of gas hanging over the debris.
Dozens of ambulances were sent to the scene.
Israeli media said the police suspected a gas canister
was behind the blast, but did not rule out the hypothesis of a
Netanya has a history of settling of scores by the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS