Three dead in raging northeast Spain wildfires
Madrid: Officials in Spain say wildfires have killed three people and disrupted transportation in northeast Catalonia.
Regional government spokesman Felip Puig said train services have been suspended and cross-border roads linking Barcelona with France closed because of the advancing flames.
The regional fire department says one person died of a heart attack while dousing flames around his home and two people had fallen to their deaths when they jumped to the sea as they escaped fires that had engulfed cars on a road.
Fire officials said yesterday more than 80 teams had been deployed to combat the wildfires, which appear to have started close to the border with France.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?