Three dead in raging northeast Spain wildfires
Madrid: Officials in Spain say wildfires have killed three people and disrupted transportation in northeast Catalonia.
Regional government spokesman Felip Puig said train services have been suspended and cross-border roads linking Barcelona with France closed because of the advancing flames.
The regional fire department says one person died of a heart attack while dousing flames around his home and two people had fallen to their deaths when they jumped to the sea as they escaped fires that had engulfed cars on a road.
Fire officials said yesterday more than 80 teams had been deployed to combat the wildfires, which appear to have started close to the border with France.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation – Part II
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof