Three dead in raging northeast Spain wildfires
Madrid: Officials in Spain say wildfires have killed three people and disrupted transportation in northeast Catalonia.
Regional government spokesman Felip Puig said train services have been suspended and cross-border roads linking Barcelona with France closed because of the advancing flames.
The regional fire department says one person died of a heart attack while dousing flames around his home and two people had fallen to their deaths when they jumped to the sea as they escaped fires that had engulfed cars on a road.
Fire officials said yesterday more than 80 teams had been deployed to combat the wildfires, which appear to have started close to the border with France.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul to lead 'Mashal Juloos' in protest against power cuts, water crisis in Delhi
- CBSE Class Xth Results 2016 to be declared today at 2 pm; check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- WATCH: MIRACLE! This fielder did the unthinkable during GL vs SRH Qualifier 2
- Marcus Rashford nets place in record books as England beat Australia 2-1
- India's NSG membership is not about arms, US tells Pakistan