Three dead, several injured in Swiss factory shooting
Berlin: Three people have reportedly lost their lives and many are injured in a shooting that took place in a factory in central Switzerland on Wednesday.
Police in Lucerne canton (state) said in a statement that the shooting occurred shortly after 9 a.m. at the premises ofKronospan, a company in the small town of Menznau, west ofLucerne.
Police said that the rescue services were deployed and the scene sealed off without much elaboration.
The local Neue Luzerner Zeitung newspaper cited a witness as saying that the shooter opened fire in the company canteen.
Swiss news website 20min.ch, citing a reporter at the site, said police confirmed three deaths — including the assailant — and said seven people were injured, some of them seriously.
However, police in Lucerne, the local administrative center, said they didn`t yet have figures.
According to the local town council, Kronospan has some 450 employees.
It was not immediately clear who the shooter was or what the motive might have been.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday