Three dead, several injured in Swiss factory shooting
Berlin: Three people have reportedly lost their lives and many are injured in a shooting that took place in a factory in central Switzerland on Wednesday.
Police in Lucerne canton (state) said in a statement that the shooting occurred shortly after 9 a.m. at the premises ofKronospan, a company in the small town of Menznau, west ofLucerne.
Police said that the rescue services were deployed and the scene sealed off without much elaboration.
The local Neue Luzerner Zeitung newspaper cited a witness as saying that the shooter opened fire in the company canteen.
Swiss news website 20min.ch, citing a reporter at the site, said police confirmed three deaths — including the assailant — and said seven people were injured, some of them seriously.
However, police in Lucerne, the local administrative center, said they didn`t yet have figures.
According to the local town council, Kronospan has some 450 employees.
It was not immediately clear who the shooter was or what the motive might have been.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur