Three dead, several injured in Swiss factory shooting
Berlin: Three people have reportedly lost their lives and many are injured in a shooting that took place in a factory in central Switzerland on Wednesday.
Police in Lucerne canton (state) said in a statement that the shooting occurred shortly after 9 a.m. at the premises ofKronospan, a company in the small town of Menznau, west ofLucerne.
Police said that the rescue services were deployed and the scene sealed off without much elaboration.
The local Neue Luzerner Zeitung newspaper cited a witness as saying that the shooter opened fire in the company canteen.
Swiss news website 20min.ch, citing a reporter at the site, said police confirmed three deaths — including the assailant — and said seven people were injured, some of them seriously.
However, police in Lucerne, the local administrative center, said they didn`t yet have figures.
According to the local town council, Kronospan has some 450 employees.
It was not immediately clear who the shooter was or what the motive might have been.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Land of believers! Out of 1.2 billion people, only 33,000 are atheists in India
- Hafiz Saeed is overseeing attacks by ISIS fighters in Afghanistan?
- Blackbuck poaching case: Rajasthan government may appeal against Salman Khan's acquittal
- 'Michael Jackson died a vulnerable man'
- Kunis, Kutcher bought wedding rings on e-commerce site