Three dead, several injured in Swiss factory shooting
Berlin: Three people have reportedly lost their lives and many are injured in a shooting that took place in a factory in central Switzerland on Wednesday.
Police in Lucerne canton (state) said in a statement that the shooting occurred shortly after 9 a.m. at the premises ofKronospan, a company in the small town of Menznau, west ofLucerne.
Police said that the rescue services were deployed and the scene sealed off without much elaboration.
The local Neue Luzerner Zeitung newspaper cited a witness as saying that the shooter opened fire in the company canteen.
Swiss news website 20min.ch, citing a reporter at the site, said police confirmed three deaths — including the assailant — and said seven people were injured, some of them seriously.
However, police in Lucerne, the local administrative center, said they didn`t yet have figures.
According to the local town council, Kronospan has some 450 employees.
It was not immediately clear who the shooter was or what the motive might have been.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- Sensex falls for second straight session, cracks below 28,000-mark
- NIA reveals why ISIS bigger threat to India than Pakistani terrorists - Read details
- How to prevent obesity, eating disorders in teenagers
- Flood situation in Bihar under control: CM Nitish Kumar
- Teenaged Dalit girl gang-raped in UP's Aligarh