Three drug traffickers executed in China
Beijing: Three drug traffickers were on Tuesday executed in China while two others were given death sentence, the state media reported.
Yang Jiande and Yuan Tingchang were executed after the Supreme People`s Court approved their death sentences.
Yang was convicted of hiring people to transport nearly 4.9 kg of methamphetamine in China between April and September 2010. He was also convicted of illegally possessing five guns, the Fujian Provincial Higher People`s Court said.
While Yuan was convicted of purchasing and selling 1.78 kg heroin in Guangzhou, capital of southern Guangdong Province between February and July 2010.
Separately, another man was executed in eastern Zhejiang Province, said the Intermediate People`s Court of Wenzhou City.
The man surnamed Chen was found guilty of buying 3 kg of methamphetamine in Wuhan, capital of central Hubei Province, in 2011, then transporting it in shoe boxes and selling it in Wenzhou.
The Court in Wenzhou City also sentenced a 49-year-old man surnamed Luo and a 32-year-old man surnamed Wei to death for trafficking methamphetamine and heroin, official Xinhua news agency reported.
Drug traffickers are usually sentenced to death in China.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan