Three drug traffickers executed in China
Beijing: Three drug traffickers were on Tuesday executed in China while two others were given death sentence, the state media reported.
Yang Jiande and Yuan Tingchang were executed after the Supreme People`s Court approved their death sentences.
Yang was convicted of hiring people to transport nearly 4.9 kg of methamphetamine in China between April and September 2010. He was also convicted of illegally possessing five guns, the Fujian Provincial Higher People`s Court said.
While Yuan was convicted of purchasing and selling 1.78 kg heroin in Guangzhou, capital of southern Guangdong Province between February and July 2010.
Separately, another man was executed in eastern Zhejiang Province, said the Intermediate People`s Court of Wenzhou City.
The man surnamed Chen was found guilty of buying 3 kg of methamphetamine in Wuhan, capital of central Hubei Province, in 2011, then transporting it in shoe boxes and selling it in Wenzhou.
The Court in Wenzhou City also sentenced a 49-year-old man surnamed Luo and a 32-year-old man surnamed Wei to death for trafficking methamphetamine and heroin, official Xinhua news agency reported.
Drug traffickers are usually sentenced to death in China.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah