Three earthquakes shake western Mexico; no damage
Mexico City: A series of earthquakes hit three regions of Mexico, swaying buildings in Mexico City but bringing no reports of damage.
The strongest quake hit off the state of Chiapas at 5:43 pm yesterday with an initial magnitude of 6.3, according to the US Geological Survey.
An earlier 5.7 quake was centered 85 miles from Michoacan state`s capital, Morelia. A 5.0 quake struck 114 miles off the coast of Cabo San Lucas in the state of Baja California Sur.
Civil protection authorities in all three states reported no serious damage or injuries.
Many businesses were closed for a holiday in Mexico City, which has been shaken by a series of strong earthquakes and aftershocks in other parts of the country in recent weeks, and offices and streets were largely empty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened