Three earthquakes shake western Mexico; no damage
Mexico City: A series of earthquakes hit three regions of Mexico, swaying buildings in Mexico City but bringing no reports of damage.
The strongest quake hit off the state of Chiapas at 5:43 pm yesterday with an initial magnitude of 6.3, according to the US Geological Survey.
An earlier 5.7 quake was centered 85 miles from Michoacan state`s capital, Morelia. A 5.0 quake struck 114 miles off the coast of Cabo San Lucas in the state of Baja California Sur.
Civil protection authorities in all three states reported no serious damage or injuries.
Many businesses were closed for a holiday in Mexico City, which has been shaken by a series of strong earthquakes and aftershocks in other parts of the country in recent weeks, and offices and streets were largely empty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Narshingh Yadav doping scandal: ‘Intruder’ who may have spiked wrestler's food identified?
- IMF says Egypt seeking financial support
- Pacer Kagiso Rabada scoops six South African awards
- French Open champ Garbine Muguruza withdraws from Montreal
- Olympics 2016: More Russians banned in mounting Rio toll