Three earthquakes shake western Mexico; no damage
Mexico City: A series of earthquakes hit three regions of Mexico, swaying buildings in Mexico City but bringing no reports of damage.
The strongest quake hit off the state of Chiapas at 5:43 pm yesterday with an initial magnitude of 6.3, according to the US Geological Survey.
An earlier 5.7 quake was centered 85 miles from Michoacan state`s capital, Morelia. A 5.0 quake struck 114 miles off the coast of Cabo San Lucas in the state of Baja California Sur.
Civil protection authorities in all three states reported no serious damage or injuries.
Many businesses were closed for a holiday in Mexico City, which has been shaken by a series of strong earthquakes and aftershocks in other parts of the country in recent weeks, and offices and streets were largely empty.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan