Three earthquakes shake western Mexico; no damage
Mexico City: A series of earthquakes hit three regions of Mexico, swaying buildings in Mexico City but bringing no reports of damage.
The strongest quake hit off the state of Chiapas at 5:43 pm yesterday with an initial magnitude of 6.3, according to the US Geological Survey.
An earlier 5.7 quake was centered 85 miles from Michoacan state`s capital, Morelia. A 5.0 quake struck 114 miles off the coast of Cabo San Lucas in the state of Baja California Sur.
Civil protection authorities in all three states reported no serious damage or injuries.
Many businesses were closed for a holiday in Mexico City, which has been shaken by a series of strong earthquakes and aftershocks in other parts of the country in recent weeks, and offices and streets were largely empty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Mauritius to remain major FDI source till March 2019: Experts
- Abhinav Bindra to head NRAI review committee on Rio debacle
- Now, WhatsApp to share your phone number with Facebook
- SHOCKING: Man performing stunt on high tension wire at Mumbai's Mira road station – Watch
- Bank of Baroda's total business takes Rs 90,000-crore hit in 2015-16