Three earthquakes shake western Mexico; no damage
Mexico City: A series of earthquakes hit three regions of Mexico, swaying buildings in Mexico City but bringing no reports of damage.
The strongest quake hit off the state of Chiapas at 5:43 pm yesterday with an initial magnitude of 6.3, according to the US Geological Survey.
An earlier 5.7 quake was centered 85 miles from Michoacan state`s capital, Morelia. A 5.0 quake struck 114 miles off the coast of Cabo San Lucas in the state of Baja California Sur.
Civil protection authorities in all three states reported no serious damage or injuries.
Many businesses were closed for a holiday in Mexico City, which has been shaken by a series of strong earthquakes and aftershocks in other parts of the country in recent weeks, and offices and streets were largely empty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...