Three found guilty of rape in UK
London: A man and two teenage boys have been found guilty of a series of rapes against girls in London.
Zdeno Mirga, 18, was convicted of eight counts of rape by a jury at the Old Bailey on Thursday.
Two boys, who cannot be named for legal reasons, were also convicted of various counts of rape and sexual assault.
A 13-year-old victim described during the trial how she was forced to have sex with a number of different men.
Prosecutor Angela Rafferty said,"He (Mirga) encouraged her, often very forcefully indeed. He did this using the power he had over her at the time, or threatened her and sometimes he used violence against her."
Zdeno Mirga`s brother Dusan, 20, and David Ziga, 19, and a teenage boy, were found not guilty. The offences were alleged to have happened in Peterborough area from April to December 2012.
A jury is considering the remaining charge against Zdeno Mirga of inciting a child to engage in prostitution as well as charges against Hassan Abdulla, 33, and another boy.
Judge John Bevan gave a majority instruction to the jury.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH