Three freeze to death inside refrigerator in Sudan
Khartoum: Three people in Port Sudan city froze to death in a refrigerating facility which charged $2 per hour for sitting inside it.
A few local businessmen have set up big refrigerators as "cool-down facility" for the Sudanese people who are seeking shelter from the heat. They charge five Sudanese (about $2) pounds per hour for people who want to sit inside it, media reports said.
Medical officials in Port Sudan said at least 13 people have suffered from heatstroke during the week. August is the hottest month of the year in Sudan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa