Three French men accused in terrorist attack plot
Paris: A Paris prosecutor says three young Frenchmen detained last week were plotting an imminent bomb attack in France.
Prosecutor Francois Molins said on Monday that one of the men had caught the attention of US authorities by sending an e-mail message to the White House. Molins didn`t elaborate and the US Embassy in France had no immediate comment.
Molins said the three men were in part inspired by Mohamed Merah, a gunman espousing radical Islam who killed Jewish schoolchildren and French paratroopers in a shocking rampage in Toulouse a year ago.
Molins said that the three men appeared to be plotting an attack on an unspecified French target "in the coming days" and are facing preliminary terrorism charges. They were detained Thursday in the southern city of Marignane.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?