Three French men accused in terrorist attack plot
Paris: A Paris prosecutor says three young Frenchmen detained last week were plotting an imminent bomb attack in France.
Prosecutor Francois Molins said on Monday that one of the men had caught the attention of US authorities by sending an e-mail message to the White House. Molins didn`t elaborate and the US Embassy in France had no immediate comment.
Molins said the three men were in part inspired by Mohamed Merah, a gunman espousing radical Islam who killed Jewish schoolchildren and French paratroopers in a shocking rampage in Toulouse a year ago.
Molins said that the three men appeared to be plotting an attack on an unspecified French target "in the coming days" and are facing preliminary terrorism charges. They were detained Thursday in the southern city of Marignane.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees