Three French men accused in terrorist attack plot
Paris: A Paris prosecutor says three young Frenchmen detained last week were plotting an imminent bomb attack in France.
Prosecutor Francois Molins said on Monday that one of the men had caught the attention of US authorities by sending an e-mail message to the White House. Molins didn`t elaborate and the US Embassy in France had no immediate comment.
Molins said the three men were in part inspired by Mohamed Merah, a gunman espousing radical Islam who killed Jewish schoolchildren and French paratroopers in a shocking rampage in Toulouse a year ago.
Molins said that the three men appeared to be plotting an attack on an unspecified French target "in the coming days" and are facing preliminary terrorism charges. They were detained Thursday in the southern city of Marignane.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Brexit shockwaves hit British jobs, consumer confidence
- Mandsaur Muslim women assault case: Four accused held as victims narrate tale of horror
- Rupee rules firm for 3rd day, up 10 paise to 67.04 Vs USD
- Mehbooba Mufti's Burhan Wani bombshell - WATCH what exactly she said
- BELIEVE IT OR NOT! This cricket team was bowled out of just 3 runs – Details inside