Three French men accused in terrorist attack plot
Paris: A Paris prosecutor says three young Frenchmen detained last week were plotting an imminent bomb attack in France.
Prosecutor Francois Molins said on Monday that one of the men had caught the attention of US authorities by sending an e-mail message to the White House. Molins didn`t elaborate and the US Embassy in France had no immediate comment.
Molins said the three men were in part inspired by Mohamed Merah, a gunman espousing radical Islam who killed Jewish schoolchildren and French paratroopers in a shocking rampage in Toulouse a year ago.
Molins said that the three men appeared to be plotting an attack on an unspecified French target "in the coming days" and are facing preliminary terrorism charges. They were detained Thursday in the southern city of Marignane.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- VIDEO: When helicopter shot came to haunt Team India and skipper MS Dhoni himself