Three guerrillas, two suicide bombers killed in Russia
Moscow: Three suspected guerrilla fighters were killed in a clash with police in Russia`s turbulent Dagestan region on Friday, Russian news agencies reported.
"Three guerrilla fighters were killed in a clash (in Dagestan`s capital Makhachkala). They are being identified," RIA Novosti quoted an FSB security service official as saying.
The suspects reportedly opened fire on a police post and were repulsed by a police patrol, NTV television reported.
In a separate incident, two suicide bombers set off explosive devices "when cornered in an apartment in Chechnya`s town of Shali and asked to surrender," injuring three policemen and three locals, Russian military officials said as quoted by Interfax.
Concerns have mounted over increased militant attacks throughout Russia`s Caucasus region, where Islamist militants have been battling pro-Kremlin local authorities and Russian security forces in a low-level insurgency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Haryana Govt. to file application over Jat reservation issue today
- Liquor mafia attacks police, media personnel in Madhya Pradesh; 2 held
- 'Dishoom' poster OUT! Varun Dhawan, John Abraham look uber classy
- Starving Iraqis risk all to flee Islamic State`s crumbling rule
- 'Like Modi, next US Prez should outline economic growth plan'