Three guerrillas, two suicide bombers killed in Russia
Moscow: Three suspected guerrilla fighters were killed in a clash with police in Russia`s turbulent Dagestan region on Friday, Russian news agencies reported.
"Three guerrilla fighters were killed in a clash (in Dagestan`s capital Makhachkala). They are being identified," RIA Novosti quoted an FSB security service official as saying.
The suspects reportedly opened fire on a police post and were repulsed by a police patrol, NTV television reported.
In a separate incident, two suicide bombers set off explosive devices "when cornered in an apartment in Chechnya`s town of Shali and asked to surrender," injuring three policemen and three locals, Russian military officials said as quoted by Interfax.
Concerns have mounted over increased militant attacks throughout Russia`s Caucasus region, where Islamist militants have been battling pro-Kremlin local authorities and Russian security forces in a low-level insurgency.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Modi finds 'Little India' with Diwali lights, delicious food in Singapore - In Pics
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!