Three guerrillas, two suicide bombers killed in Russia
Moscow: Three suspected guerrilla fighters were killed in a clash with police in Russia`s turbulent Dagestan region on Friday, Russian news agencies reported.
"Three guerrilla fighters were killed in a clash (in Dagestan`s capital Makhachkala). They are being identified," RIA Novosti quoted an FSB security service official as saying.
The suspects reportedly opened fire on a police post and were repulsed by a police patrol, NTV television reported.
In a separate incident, two suicide bombers set off explosive devices "when cornered in an apartment in Chechnya`s town of Shali and asked to surrender," injuring three policemen and three locals, Russian military officials said as quoted by Interfax.
Concerns have mounted over increased militant attacks throughout Russia`s Caucasus region, where Islamist militants have been battling pro-Kremlin local authorities and Russian security forces in a low-level insurgency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users