‘Three kg of cocaine’ found in flat given to Italian PM’s model friend
London: Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi, who is already embroiled in a sex case, has also been accused of keeping drugs in a flat that he lent to one of his female guests.
The investigation into the sex case was voted by 11 to eight by the parliamentary committee to recommend that the investigation be declared null and void.
Parliament must now vote whether to accept its advice.
Berlusconi is currently alleged to have paid for sex with an underage girl, Karima el-Mahroug. Further problems ensued when it was revealed in evidence to Italy`s Parliament that almost 3kg of cocaine was found last year in the cellar of a flat allegedly provided free to Marysthell García Polanco, from the Dominican Republic, at his villa outside Milan.
The drug bust took place before the scandal broke.
The lot was a part of a haul of more than 12kg allegedly belonging to García Polanco`s boyfriend, who was arrested while driving a car belonging to Nicole Minetti, who, prosecutors claim, organised the supply of women for Berlusconi`s parties.
Berlusconi dismissed the new evidence as "just mud [thrown about] to bad mouth me”, reports the Guardian.
Leaked extracts from the documents in the Italian press indicated that in December she used her friendship with the Prime Minister to gain access to the prefect of Milan in an apparently unsuccessful attempt to obtain an Italian passport.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA