‘Three kg of cocaine’ found in flat given to Italian PM’s model friend
London: Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi, who is already embroiled in a sex case, has also been accused of keeping drugs in a flat that he lent to one of his female guests.
The investigation into the sex case was voted by 11 to eight by the parliamentary committee to recommend that the investigation be declared null and void.
Parliament must now vote whether to accept its advice.
Berlusconi is currently alleged to have paid for sex with an underage girl, Karima el-Mahroug. Further problems ensued when it was revealed in evidence to Italy`s Parliament that almost 3kg of cocaine was found last year in the cellar of a flat allegedly provided free to Marysthell García Polanco, from the Dominican Republic, at his villa outside Milan.
The drug bust took place before the scandal broke.
The lot was a part of a haul of more than 12kg allegedly belonging to García Polanco`s boyfriend, who was arrested while driving a car belonging to Nicole Minetti, who, prosecutors claim, organised the supply of women for Berlusconi`s parties.
Berlusconi dismissed the new evidence as "just mud [thrown about] to bad mouth me”, reports the Guardian.
Leaked extracts from the documents in the Italian press indicated that in December she used her friendship with the Prime Minister to gain access to the prefect of Milan in an apparently unsuccessful attempt to obtain an Italian passport.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam