Three kids die as Costa Rican boat capsizes
San Jose: Three children died when the boat they were in capsized Tuesday on Costa Rica`s Pacific coast, officials said.
The incident happened where the Damas river empties into the Pacific Ocean in Puntarenas province, some 160 km south of San Jose.
It may have been caused by the powerful currents in the area, Deputy Security Minister Celso Gamboa told reporters.
The boat was on a fishing trip and had nine people aboard - five adults and four children.
One of the children was rescued by the coast guard and officials confirmed that the bodies of the other three children have been recovered.
None of the people in the boat was wearing a life jacket, Gamboa said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- SHOCKING! Star wrestler Narsingh Yadav fails dope test, Rio participation doubtful
- What Diljit Dosanjh said about 'Phillauri' co-star Anushka Sharma will melt your heart! - Read here
- DDA's next housing scheme could be completely online
- Now tune into popular FM radio stations on trains with Rail Radio Service
- MCI could be dead; new body may nurse medical education in India