Three kids die as Costa Rican boat capsizes
San Jose: Three children died when the boat they were in capsized Tuesday on Costa Rica`s Pacific coast, officials said.
The incident happened where the Damas river empties into the Pacific Ocean in Puntarenas province, some 160 km south of San Jose.
It may have been caused by the powerful currents in the area, Deputy Security Minister Celso Gamboa told reporters.
The boat was on a fishing trip and had nine people aboard - five adults and four children.
One of the children was rescued by the coast guard and officials confirmed that the bodies of the other three children have been recovered.
None of the people in the boat was wearing a life jacket, Gamboa said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing