Three kids die as Costa Rican boat capsizes
San Jose: Three children died when the boat they were in capsized Tuesday on Costa Rica`s Pacific coast, officials said.
The incident happened where the Damas river empties into the Pacific Ocean in Puntarenas province, some 160 km south of San Jose.
It may have been caused by the powerful currents in the area, Deputy Security Minister Celso Gamboa told reporters.
The boat was on a fishing trip and had nine people aboard - five adults and four children.
One of the children was rescued by the coast guard and officials confirmed that the bodies of the other three children have been recovered.
None of the people in the boat was wearing a life jacket, Gamboa said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees