Three kids die as Costa Rican boat capsizes
San Jose: Three children died when the boat they were in capsized Tuesday on Costa Rica`s Pacific coast, officials said.
The incident happened where the Damas river empties into the Pacific Ocean in Puntarenas province, some 160 km south of San Jose.
It may have been caused by the powerful currents in the area, Deputy Security Minister Celso Gamboa told reporters.
The boat was on a fishing trip and had nine people aboard - five adults and four children.
One of the children was rescued by the coast guard and officials confirmed that the bodies of the other three children have been recovered.
None of the people in the boat was wearing a life jacket, Gamboa said.
- Thousands rally in Turkey to mark May Day amid tight security
- After Uttarakhand and Himachal Pradesh, forest fire now rages in J&K
- Uttarakhand forest fires: Social media terms it ‘National Emergency’, around 3000 hectares of forest area destroyed
- US, Russia in bids to halt fighting in Syria`s Aleppo
- 54 crore Indians in grip of drought: Swaraj Abhiyan