Three kids die in Russia fire
Moscow: Five people, including three children, were killed in a fire that broke out at a house in Russia`s Chelyabinsk region, the emergencies ministry said.
The blaze erupted in a one-storey house in Kartaly city Sunday, engulfing an area of 50 square metres.
It took firefighters an hour and a half to put out the fire.
A man, a woman and three girls born in 2005, 2006 and 2012 were killed in the fire, the ministry said.
In another incident, firefighters evacuated 17 people from a residential building that was swept by fire Sunday in Kostroma region in central Russia.
The fire started in a two-storey wooden house in Pyshchug village.
According to preliminary data, no one was killed or injured in the fire. But two people were said to be missing.
The number of house fires has risen dramatically in Russia after the collapse of the Soviet Union.
More than 115,000 fires broke out in Russia in January-September 2012, killing over 7,700 people and causing total damage of over 10 billion rubles ($3.3 billion), according to data from the emergencies ministry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check