Three killed as man goes on stabbing spree in Beijing
Beijing: A knife-wielding man went on stabbing spree in downtown Beijing on Saturday killing two before succumbing to injuries he sustained in police action, creating a scare in the Chinese capital.
Before he was cornered, the man attacked drivers and passengers on a road near the Guangqumen Bridge, the Beijing Municipal Public Security Bureau said in a statement.
Of the three person attacked, two died at a hospital after emergency medical treatment failed and the other one was still under treatment, state-run news agency Xinhua reported.
The attacker was later besieged inside a private car by police officers and citizens. He later died at hospital from injuries, the report said.
The assailant is yet to be identified and police is investigating the incident.
Knife attacks are not new in China. In a recent incident, a man wielding a knife stabbed an elderly woman and 22 children outside an elementary school in in Henan Province last December.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand