Three killed as man goes on stabbing spree in Beijing
Beijing: A knife-wielding man went on stabbing spree in downtown Beijing on Saturday killing two before succumbing to injuries he sustained in police action, creating a scare in the Chinese capital.
Before he was cornered, the man attacked drivers and passengers on a road near the Guangqumen Bridge, the Beijing Municipal Public Security Bureau said in a statement.
Of the three person attacked, two died at a hospital after emergency medical treatment failed and the other one was still under treatment, state-run news agency Xinhua reported.
The attacker was later besieged inside a private car by police officers and citizens. He later died at hospital from injuries, the report said.
The assailant is yet to be identified and police is investigating the incident.
Knife attacks are not new in China. In a recent incident, a man wielding a knife stabbed an elderly woman and 22 children outside an elementary school in in Henan Province last December.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Busy bee Nargis Fakhri dusts down rumours, looking forward to promote 'Banjo'!
- Pakistan's Hafiz Saeed managed the ISIS attack in Kabul that killed 80 people?
- The list of top 10 most valuable football clubs is out – See here!
- Watch Video: BlackBerry DTEK50, the world's most secured Android smartphone
- Unbelievable: Thousands throng daily at Taiwan McDonald's store to see a girl – Know why