Three killed as man goes on stabbing spree in Beijing
Beijing: A knife-wielding man went on stabbing spree in downtown Beijing on Saturday killing two before succumbing to injuries he sustained in police action, creating a scare in the Chinese capital.
Before he was cornered, the man attacked drivers and passengers on a road near the Guangqumen Bridge, the Beijing Municipal Public Security Bureau said in a statement.
Of the three person attacked, two died at a hospital after emergency medical treatment failed and the other one was still under treatment, state-run news agency Xinhua reported.
The attacker was later besieged inside a private car by police officers and citizens. He later died at hospital from injuries, the report said.
The assailant is yet to be identified and police is investigating the incident.
Knife attacks are not new in China. In a recent incident, a man wielding a knife stabbed an elderly woman and 22 children outside an elementary school in in Henan Province last December.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth