Three killed as man goes on stabbing spree in Beijing
Beijing: A knife-wielding man went on stabbing spree in downtown Beijing on Saturday killing two before succumbing to injuries he sustained in police action, creating a scare in the Chinese capital.
Before he was cornered, the man attacked drivers and passengers on a road near the Guangqumen Bridge, the Beijing Municipal Public Security Bureau said in a statement.
Of the three person attacked, two died at a hospital after emergency medical treatment failed and the other one was still under treatment, state-run news agency Xinhua reported.
The attacker was later besieged inside a private car by police officers and citizens. He later died at hospital from injuries, the report said.
The assailant is yet to be identified and police is investigating the incident.
Knife attacks are not new in China. In a recent incident, a man wielding a knife stabbed an elderly woman and 22 children outside an elementary school in in Henan Province last December.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what