Three killed as man goes on stabbing spree in Beijing
Beijing: A knife-wielding man went on stabbing spree in downtown Beijing on Saturday killing two before succumbing to injuries he sustained in police action, creating a scare in the Chinese capital.
Before he was cornered, the man attacked drivers and passengers on a road near the Guangqumen Bridge, the Beijing Municipal Public Security Bureau said in a statement.
Of the three person attacked, two died at a hospital after emergency medical treatment failed and the other one was still under treatment, state-run news agency Xinhua reported.
The attacker was later besieged inside a private car by police officers and citizens. He later died at hospital from injuries, the report said.
The assailant is yet to be identified and police is investigating the incident.
Knife attacks are not new in China. In a recent incident, a man wielding a knife stabbed an elderly woman and 22 children outside an elementary school in in Henan Province last December.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble