Three killed in acid leak in China
Beijing: Three persons were killed when 2,000 cubic metres of sulphuric acid leaked from a storehouse in northeast China, officials said on Saturday.
The exact number of casualties is still being verified after the accident took place at about 3 pm yesterday in Fangshen Village near Chaoyang City in Liaoning Province, state-run Xinhua news agency quoted an official from the city`s publicity bureau as saying.
The official said the acid leaked from a family-run storehouse and has contaminated nearby areas, making it difficult for the rescuers to approach, according to the report.
Two villagers were found dead at the site while another perished in hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Jio does Apple, people throng Reliance Stores for free 4G test SIM
- SHOCKING: DySP forces women trainees to mention their period dates, makes fun of pregnant cadet
- December 16 gang-rape convict attempts suicide – Read Nirbhaya parents' response
- 1st ODI: Azhar Ali's 82 goes in vain as Jason Roy guides England to 44-run win over Pakistan
- Janmashtami: Watch Dahi-Handi celebrations from Mumbai