Three killed in Iraq bombing
Baghdad: Three members of a policeman`s family in Iraq were killed Sunday in a bomb attack on their house near Baghdad while in another incident a police officer escaped death in a car bomb attack in the city, according to Iraq`s interior ministry.
In the first incident, unidentified gunmen planted bombs at a policeman`s house in the town of Mussayab, some 60 km from Baghdad, and blew it off around noon, killing the policeman`s father, mother and sister, a source told Xinhua.
In a separate incident, a sticky bomb attached to a car of a police officer was detonated while he was driving in Baghdad`s Doura district, the source added. He survived despite being wounded, the source added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur