Three killed in Iraq bombing
Baghdad: Three members of a policeman`s family in Iraq were killed Sunday in a bomb attack on their house near Baghdad while in another incident a police officer escaped death in a car bomb attack in the city, according to Iraq`s interior ministry.
In the first incident, unidentified gunmen planted bombs at a policeman`s house in the town of Mussayab, some 60 km from Baghdad, and blew it off around noon, killing the policeman`s father, mother and sister, a source told Xinhua.
In a separate incident, a sticky bomb attached to a car of a police officer was detonated while he was driving in Baghdad`s Doura district, the source added. He survived despite being wounded, the source added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- India unlikely to get Kohinoor diamond back, hints UK minister
- Narshingh Yadav doping scandal: ‘Intruder’ who may have spiked wrestler's food identified?
- IMF says Egypt seeking financial support
- Pacer Kagiso Rabada scoops six South African awards
- French Open champ Garbine Muguruza withdraws from Montreal