Three killed in Iraq bombing
Baghdad: Three members of a policeman`s family in Iraq were killed Sunday in a bomb attack on their house near Baghdad while in another incident a police officer escaped death in a car bomb attack in the city, according to Iraq`s interior ministry.
In the first incident, unidentified gunmen planted bombs at a policeman`s house in the town of Mussayab, some 60 km from Baghdad, and blew it off around noon, killing the policeman`s father, mother and sister, a source told Xinhua.
In a separate incident, a sticky bomb attached to a car of a police officer was detonated while he was driving in Baghdad`s Doura district, the source added. He survived despite being wounded, the source added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list