Three killed in Iraq violence
Baghdad: Three people were killed and 12 wounded in separate incidents of violence in Iraq Tuesday, police said.
A soldier was killed and three suffered injuries when a suicide bomber blew up himself among soldiers while they were carrying out search operation in houses in Tarmiyah town, some 30 km from Baghdad, reported Xinhua citing a police source.
In a separate incident, a truck bomb went off in Saiyd Gharib area, some 80 km from Baghdad, wounding eight civilians.
In Diyala province, a leader of a government- backed paramilitary group was killed when gunmen attacked his car at a village near Edheim city, about 65 km from Baghdad, a police source said.
In another incident, an employee working for the office of a lawmaker in Iraqi parliament was killed when a sticky bomb attached to his car detonated in Baladruz town, the source said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city