Three killed in Iraq violence
Baghdad: Three people were killed and 12 wounded in separate incidents of violence in Iraq Tuesday, police said.
A soldier was killed and three suffered injuries when a suicide bomber blew up himself among soldiers while they were carrying out search operation in houses in Tarmiyah town, some 30 km from Baghdad, reported Xinhua citing a police source.
In a separate incident, a truck bomb went off in Saiyd Gharib area, some 80 km from Baghdad, wounding eight civilians.
In Diyala province, a leader of a government- backed paramilitary group was killed when gunmen attacked his car at a village near Edheim city, about 65 km from Baghdad, a police source said.
In another incident, an employee working for the office of a lawmaker in Iraqi parliament was killed when a sticky bomb attached to his car detonated in Baladruz town, the source said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ethics committee Chairman to present report on Vijay Mallya in Rajya Sabha today
- AgustaWestland chopper deal scam: CBI grills ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi, Gautam Khaitan
- Rafael Nadal, Andy Murray advance to 3rd round at Madrid Masters
- Kerala shamed again: Now, a nursing student gang-raped near Thiruvananthapuram
- This portable device can test your food for glutten in less than 2 minutes!