Three killed in Iraq violence
Baghdad: Three people were killed and 12 wounded in separate incidents of violence in Iraq Tuesday, police said.
A soldier was killed and three suffered injuries when a suicide bomber blew up himself among soldiers while they were carrying out search operation in houses in Tarmiyah town, some 30 km from Baghdad, reported Xinhua citing a police source.
In a separate incident, a truck bomb went off in Saiyd Gharib area, some 80 km from Baghdad, wounding eight civilians.
In Diyala province, a leader of a government- backed paramilitary group was killed when gunmen attacked his car at a village near Edheim city, about 65 km from Baghdad, a police source said.
In another incident, an employee working for the office of a lawmaker in Iraqi parliament was killed when a sticky bomb attached to his car detonated in Baladruz town, the source said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje