Three killed in Iraq violence
Baghdad: Three people were killed and 12 wounded in separate incidents of violence in Iraq Tuesday, police said.
A soldier was killed and three suffered injuries when a suicide bomber blew up himself among soldiers while they were carrying out search operation in houses in Tarmiyah town, some 30 km from Baghdad, reported Xinhua citing a police source.
In a separate incident, a truck bomb went off in Saiyd Gharib area, some 80 km from Baghdad, wounding eight civilians.
In Diyala province, a leader of a government- backed paramilitary group was killed when gunmen attacked his car at a village near Edheim city, about 65 km from Baghdad, a police source said.
In another incident, an employee working for the office of a lawmaker in Iraqi parliament was killed when a sticky bomb attached to his car detonated in Baladruz town, the source said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP