Three killed in northern Nigeria bomb explosion
Abuja: Three people, including two members of the radical Islamist sect Boko Haram, were killed on Tuesday as a bomb that was being carried on a motorbike accidentally went off in Nigeria`s northern city of Kaduna, police said.
Two Boko Haram members carrying a bomb on a motorbike died as it accidentally went off, also killing another motorcyclist riding behind them who got wounded and died before he arrived at Army Referral Hospital where he was rushed to, an eyewitness said.
The eyewitness, Mohammed Ibrahim, said the two suspected bombers were heading towards the northern part of Kaduna metropolis before the bomb accidentally blew them up killing them instantly.
Confirming the incident, police spokesman for the state Abubakar Balteh, said: "The people carrying an object suspected to be an Improvised Explosive Device (IED) on a motorbike from Singer Round About towards Lugard Hall Round About died as the device exploded close to the NNPC filling station killing the two of them."
He said police have sent forensic experts to the area to take evidence which would be analysed for additional information.
Boko Haram, carries out frequent attacks in northern Nigeria.
The group has been waging a sustained war in Nigeria`s northern cities in their bid to install an Islamic emirate in the country.
In several of the sects attacks, bombs, suicide bombers and drive by gun shots have been used to kill hundreds of people.
The oil rich African country has a population of 150 million equally divided among Christians and Muslims.
The Muslims are mostly found in the north while the Christians have their majority in the South.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!