Three killed in Univ of Alabama shooting
Birmingham: Three people were killed and one wounded in shootings at the University of Alabama at Huntsville, and a suspected shooter was in custody, a university spokesman and police said.
``We have three confirmed people who are dead, one injured. The police have secured the building. The shooter is in custody,`` UA-Huntsville spokesman Ray Gardner told local television.
Huntsville police confirmed three people were dead.
Gardner said the suspect in custody was a female and that authorities had placed the campus in lockdown.
The shootings occurred just before 4 pm local time at the university`s Shelby Center, local media said.
``I heard three shots and screaming,`` said Melanie Gates, an engineering student at the campus.
She was near the exit of the Shelby Center when the shootings happened and she said the sound of the shots appeared to come from the third floor, where a biology faculty meeting was taking place.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi